Sutherland’s Economic Intelligence Group (EIG) functions as the core think tank for our research practice, designed to unlock value for our research partners along the Economy-Industry-Company (EIC) research paradigm. Our highly driven senior economists have more than 20 collective years of financial services experience at leading policy research and academic institutes, where they have authored thought-leading research addressing practical issues on policy making and themes relevant to the fast-changing financial markets.
This key team is closely involved in the execution and delivery of our research engagements across hedge funds, investment banks, independent research houses and consulting firms in all the regions where we have a presence, providing our research partners with a global understanding of the cascading impact of macroeconomic events and the ability to identify and spot potential inflection points serving as a guide to their investment strategies.
Our broad range of macroeconomic research capabilities include:
- Regular frequency publications: These include dailies, monthlies and yearbooks, which summarize the broader economic events for the period and make coherent interpretations on the impact of these on the industrial and service sectors.
- Focused Topical Reports: Ranging from 'Flash Notes' on market-moving events to detailed thematic reports intended to achieve thought leadership
- Quantitative Analysis: Ranging from simple, statistical data-analysis to full-fledged econometric modeling culminating in thematic reports
- Macroeconomic Databases: A compilation of economic data from various sources and data-manipulations, and simple tools for ease of analysis
Our analyst teams, drawn from globally-ranked research institutions like the Delhi School of Economics and Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, have strong working knowledge of equity, debt, commodity, and currency markets. They have harnessed their knowledge to create proprietary econometric and predictive behavioral models to help our clients make prudent investment decisions.
Some of our services in this area include:
- Thematic reports
- Regulatory and policy formulation
- Economic forecasting
- Budget analysis
- Monetary and fiscal policy analysis
- International trade and payments
- Sovereign risk assessments
We have generated niche and uncovered industry reports for top-tier global management consulting firms, including:
- Analysis of the impact of the Economic Capital framework to identify and measure risks across individual business units as well as the firm as a whole for a Fortune 500 company
- Data mining and analytics for the Private Client group of a Top 5 global investment bank to analyze a wide range of operational patterns for the firm's 3,000-plus global investment advisors and make recommendations for efficiency improvements.